XPRESS is a project aiming at increasing the usage of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) technologies in cities by facilitating the collaboration between Public Authorities (PAs) and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), consisting of the following objectives:
1) Creating a web platform that supports interacting between public procurers, innovative SMEs, and end users of green innovations
2) Mapping of the low carbon energy needs of cities and municipalities with the RES technologies developed by innovative SMEs. This includes:
- improving the application of Green Public Procurements (GPP) to innovative RES technologies
- increasing the awareness of innovative SMEs on RES technologies via Green Public Procurements, and
- developing a new methodology to evaluate RES technologies developed by innovative SMEs across their life cycle to estimate the CO2-emissions
XPRESS focuses on selected cities and municipalities within UK, Italy, Norway, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Denmark, Slovakia, Portugal, and Belgium with the goal of extending the analysis and the involvement to wider regions within those countries.
The project demonstrates the positive impact of innovative GPPs on cities, municipalities and SMEs in terms of energy savings, energy efficiency, and lower carbon emissions.
In Denmark, four projects with PV are on their way at Samsø, the Energy Island, as a result of XPRESS.
Read about XPRESS on the project website.